The International Blues Challenge results are in for the Semi-Finals — the bands that made it this far will be competing in the Saturday finals at the Orpheum Theater. The best-of-the-best will be competing for the top prizes, prestigious gigs, new guitars, and many other prizes.
The landmark 30th annual International Blues Challenge is currently taking place in Memphis, Tennessee, and American Blues Scene will be continuing it’s annual coverage of the week’s events in their entirety. Put on by the Blues Foundation, the IBC is a battle of hundreds of blues bands and musicians from around the world who compete for cash, prizes, and industry recognition. One band and one solo/duo act each will win the top prize.
International Blues Challenge 2014 Finalists
1. Wet Willie’s – Band Bad Brad & Fat Cats Colorado Blues Society
2. Silky O’Sullivans – Solo/Duo Arthur Migliazza South Sound Blues Association
3. Flynn’s – Band Ben Rice and iLLamatics Cascade Blues Association
4. Kings Palace – Solo/Duo Erik Ray Granite State Blues Society
5. Club 152 – Band Billy the Kid & Regulators Blues Society of Western Pennsylvania
6. 12 Bar – Solo/Duo Lucious Spiller Ozark Blues Society of Northwest Arkansas Inc.
7. New Daisy – Band Brad Absher & Swamp Royale Houston Blues Society
8. Blues Hall – Solo/Duo Matt Tedder Nashville Blues Society
9. Hard Rock Cafe – Band Brat Pack Philippine Blues Society
10. Kings Palace – Solo/Duo Nico Wayne Toussaint & Michel Foizon South Florida Blues Society
11. Alfreds – Band DieDra & Ruff Pro Band Magic City Blues Society
12. 12 Bar – Solo/Duo Suitcase Brothers Piedmont Blues Preservation Society
13. BB Kings – Band Ghost Town Blues Band Memphis Blues Society
14. Silky O’Sullivans – Solo/Duo Tim Williams Calgary Blues Music Association
15. Blues City Café – Band Katy Guillen & Girls Kansas City Blues Society
16. Blues Hall – Solo/Duo Wendy DeWitt w/ Kirk Harwood The Golden Gate Blues Society
17. Rum Boogie Cafe – Band Mr. Sipp Vicksburg Blues Society
Listed in order of performance at FINALS. Finalists arrive at 11 am at the Orpheum Stage door on Beale Street.
The 30th International Blues Challenge finals are Saturday, January 25 at the Orpheum Theatre. The first act takes the stage at noon and doors open at 11:00am.