Blues musicians! Does your album have what it takes to make it to the top of the blues charts? The American Blues Scene is proud to announce the Blues Top Five Chart, a weekly gauge of blues albums’ popularity, with much of the decision being placed in the hands of those that truly matter; the fans.
Blues fans can vote on their favorite album once per day, and at the beginning of every week, the five most popular albums will receive prime placement in the Blues Top Five chart on the ABS website, as well as winning nationwide radio play, an article, and mentions on ABS’s exceptionally strong social network presences.
How to enter:
Bands may submit their album information to the ABS staff. Submissions must include the following: a quality cover image in .jpg or .png form, the album name, date of release, the artist/band name, musicians that played on the album, website (if applicable), and a brief description of the album. The decision to place bands in the voting ranks is made by the American Blues Scene staff, along with several members of a blues panel. Of course, social media and word of mouth is almost always the best way for bands to coax their fans to come vote every day.
We do have a few rules for placement:
- You must be a blues band. This means you must bill yourself as a blues band. We don’t like to be the ones to try and decide what is or isn’t blues. Blues has fused with a wide array of styles and influences to create vibrant unique sub-genres, and we welcome all entries in these categories. If you describe yourself as a metal band, however, we may have to exert our best judgement.
- The album must have been released within the past twelve months from the date of submission. This means that it must be a product that has been released for public consumption.
- You must include your album artwork, (in jpg or png format,) with your submission.
- Voting placement on the site may take up to 72 hours. Thanks for your patience!
- Albums will be eligible for voting for ten weeks from the day of placement.
- The method for selecting each week’s winner is 100% automated. Our algorithm calculates a winner on Sunday night of each week, taking particular consideration from fan votes, comments on album’s pages, views, and other aggregate, outside data.
- E-mail all submissions to [email protected]. Omitting any of the required information will result in a delay in posting your album.
Below are just some of the exciting blues radio shows that are affiliated with the Blues Top Five
Smokestack Lightnin’ Blues Radio – Syndicated on 16 stations across the country.
WUCF, 89.9 Orlando, Florida
KJZA, 89.5 Williams, Arizona
KJZP, 90.1 Prescot, Arizona
KJZK, 90.7 Kingman, Arizona
KJZA, 89.5 Flagstaff, Arizona
KJZA, 91.3 Flagstaff, Arizona
WPRL, 91.7 Lorman/Jackson, Mississippi
KASU, 91.9 Jonesboro, Arkansas (Memphis market)
KCOL – Kansas City Online Radio
95.7 The Wolf, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
WZXP, 97.9 Burlington Vermont
BluesJazzRadio.com, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Rock100DIZ.com, Orlando Florida
Aquarius 7 Broadcasting Network, Orlando, FL
Blues Radio on WEFT 90.1 FM East-Central Illinois
The Blueshouse Hosted by Jonathan “Oogie” Richards & Sweet Danny Ray O’Byrant
KSER 90.7FM Everett, Washington, LIVE every Thursday 10:30PM PST to 12:30AM PST
Music On The Couch – “Musicians You Should Know” – Monday’s 9pm central time
All Blues hosted by John Kessler on KPLU FM Tacoma/Seattle 88.5 (NPR)
Down in the Delta hosted by Dj Fullmetal Wednesday nights on the W.H.O.B. Radio Network